The California Academy of Sciences content on Khan Academy teaches information about biodiversity and natural selection. They frequently use the biosphere and biodiversity of an island as an example. They tie that back to how the same species may have split and evolved in two different locations. The videos are animated with drawings and there are questions to follow the videos. This is appropriate for about 5th grade through adult-perhaps younger. It can be found here.
- Welcome to the world of biodiversity!
- Why is biodiversity important?
- Where is biodiversity found?
- How is biodiversity studied?
- Why is biodiversity threatened?
- How can biodiversity be protected?
- Where does biodiversity come from?
- What are the different levels of biodiversity?