Types of Problems Edit
There are three types of problems in this exercise:
- Find the position: The student is asked to find the position at a certain using the values of velocity and acceleration with/without given points.
- Find the original function given the antiderivative: The student is asked to find the original function given the original than apply it to find the value at a certain point on the original function.
- Find the particular member of the antiderivative family that passes through a certain point: The student is asked to find the antiderivative of the original function and then solve for the constant given the point.
Knowledge of derivative and integral concepts is encouraged to ensure success on this exercise.
- The antiderivative of acceleration is velocity, and the antiderivative of velocity is position.
- Find the antiderivative of the function, then solve for the constant using the given point.