Types of Problems Edit
There are two types of problems in this exercise:
- Find and graph the general indefinite integral given: The student is asked to find the antiderivative of the function given and then graph it.
- Graph the original function given the antiderivative: The student is asked to use the antiderivative to graph the original function.
Knowledge of basic antiderivatives concepts is encouraged to ensure success on this exercise.
- When the original function is increasing, the antiderivative is positive.
- When the original function is decreasing, the antiderivative is negative.
- If the antiderivative has an interval of a zero slope, the original function has an interval of a zero slope.